The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

29 posts Page 2 of 2
I'm just wondering about this book - it seems to be €37.99 which is way more expensive than most of the books I've downloaded. Has anyone found it cheaper? I also don't see a link where moogie would get a donation?
jmousey, do you mean the Eat Stop Eat book? At his website (eatstopeat.com) it's 37 USD. But if you visit the website than close the site, it will ask you if you would like to read it for 3 days, pay 9.99 USD.
Interesting reading x
Bumping this thread as it may be relevant to those languishing in the resuscitation tent!

To save you time, here's the link from the OP
http://www.niashanks.com/2013/07/interm ... -it-wrong/

And here's the important bit:
carorees wrote: Excellent article...thanks for posting.

I'd like to add this excerpt as an important point:

my general rule is the longer the fast the longer the recovery time that’s needed before the next fast.My rough template looks like this:
[if you're fasting...]
5-7 times per week – fasts should be between 12 and 16 hours long.
3-4 times per week  - fasts should be between 16 and 20 hours long.
1-2 times per week  - Fasts should be between 20 and 24 hours long.
1-2 times a month – Fasts should be between 24 and 72 hours long.
:heart: Thanks for the bump @carorees Just popped out of the resuscitation tent for lunch, sounds as if my non intentional 4 convective " good " days may prove the wrong decision and not to be repeated will bookmark and reread.
Julieathome wrote: Its a good article. The number of times we get newbies, especially younger ones, coming on to the forums and complaining that they aren't losing enough weight when they are doing WW or calorie restricting on 'normal' days PLUS fasting on 3 days a week. All they moan about is tiredness, fainting and slow or non-existant weight loss. Yet when the more knowledgeable among us or the old hands point out that they aren't eating enough they don't believe us.

With respect, I think a lot of the "oldies" on the forum moaned about the same type of things when they first started. It takes a while for all the information i think to be processed about IF so we need to be gentle with newbies.
Thanks for the bump, sometimes it's nice to refresh the old brain cells

Ballerina x :heart:
Hi @Maggiee This is the article bumped for you again enjoy the read to see if anything applies to you. :heart:
Many thanks @Sue.Q

Very interesting article.

Two fast days, other days 16/8 and healthy eating on 'feast days is working for me. My appetite is diminishing in a good way and i don't ever go hungry.

I am a lazy exerciser and do a little tai chi.

I don't feel 'stressed' and if I feel I need to break my fast, I will do so, and just get back on the horse.

Cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
:heart: Topic bumped for you @zamale :heart:
Very interesting read. Sue
Do we know what research/thinking Brad based his table on ?

If you have nothing for 24 hours, then a 500 calorie meal, then nothing for the next 12 hours, would Brad categorise that as a 24 hour fast, or a 36 hour one I wonder?

I only ask, as I am doing 16:8 most days with a 36 hour liquid only fast once a week, and I wonder if I'm overdoing it.
I doubt it was based on research, just his extensive experience of IF. I think you'll know if you're doing too much though. Personally, I think one should try to average one real feast day per week where you consume over your TDEE.
Great, thanks @carorees I think I'm OK if I have an unrestricted window the day after my liquid fast, and, as you say, let myself feast one day at the weekend. My problem comes when I have several nights out in the week, and eat nothing all day, so I can have my TDEE in the evening - which is 19:5 or similar I suppose. It doesn't happen that often.
:heart: article bumped for @kelkelkelster :heart: Sue
29 posts Page 2 of 2