21%
1.5kg to 2kg (3.3 pounds to 4.4 pounds)
18%
2kg to 4kg (4.4 pounds to 9 pounds)
16%
more than 4kg (more than 9 pounds)
2%
Total votes : 95

Just curious.. My friend just emailed me and said she ate and ate and gained 5kg.

i guess that can happen

whats your situation?
I gained about three pounds, I'm almost wondering if it was mostly water weight, as it came back off immediately. :-)
mine hasn't come off immediately, so I'm guessing it's real :-( It's going down, slowly. In the usual IF jagged way. I didn't fast at all over Xmas, though, and I was eating a lot at times of the day when I would normally have a small meal (breakfast, e.g.)
mine is very real. :-(

but i guess with 5:2 i've never been more aware of it. The year before and the year before that it just crept on and i didn't even know it or denied it. .. that's the beauty of being weight-aware and diet-aware.
Nope, mine is very real too!! And I am very frustrated , and yes, I started a sentence with And. And I don't care :wink:

I'm doing ADF to make a dent and try to get back on track.
I lost 3 lbs from Dec 15th to Jan 15th. Very unusual as I've been only losing 2 lbs a month for several months. :)
Betsysgr8 wrote: I lost 3 lbs from Dec 15th to Jan 15th. Very unusual as I've been only losing 2 lbs a month for several months. :)

This is one good time to not follow any trend! well done. you must have behaved
Mine is real and it's sticking like superglue, but then I've not been so good on eating days. However things are still much better than this time last year when I had given up.
Pretty much the same, an advantage of a long standing plateau :grin:
I know what you mean, Wineoclock! I keep saying it all over this forum, but so far haven't done it: I need to start planning my non-fast days. I haven't really planned anything, but I have a ton of vegetables at home right now, so I'm sure I can figure out a healthy dinner for tonight. Hopefully this will help.
Hi Juliana, I'll let you know on my Friday weigh in. I have had modified fasts for for the last 5 weeks of our family summer holidays and have been hoping to maintain. Pants feel the same so fingers crossed. :like:
Xxx julianna
This will be interesting. I gained 3lbs but have shifted them now thank goodness :smile: This put me exactly on the boundary of the ranges but I chose the lower one.

@juliana.rivers - for those of us still using imperial weights the pounds conversion for 2kgs should be 4.4 rather than 6.5. Sounds much less scary!
windsinger123 wrote: This will be interesting. I gained 3lbs but have shifted them now thank goodness :smile: This put me exactly on the boundary of the ranges but I chose the lower one.

@juliana.rivers - for those of us still using imperial weights the pounds conversion for 2kgs should be 4.4 rather than 6.5. Sounds much less scary!

thanks for picking that up

oh crap i was hoping i wouldnt make an error.

does anyone know how to change a poll answers here. or maybe its something @Moogiehas to do.
you should be able to edit it I think
I weighed myself on the Monday before Christmas and at that point in time, I was 68.5kg (10 stone 11 pounds). Since that is both outside and below my weight maintenance range, I would not have fasted during the following week in any case as I sought to gain a little bit of weight back to get back into my weight maintenance range.

I then took a complete break from my health regime over the festive season and did not weigh myself again until Monday 6 January 2014. On my return, I weighed myself again only to discover that my weight had shot up to 75.7kg (11 stone 13 pounds). That is more than a whole stone gained in that fortnight, and a massive 7.2kg. That meant that I was still outside my weight maintenance range but now, I was above that range.

Because of that, I did a 5:2 week by fasting on the Monday and the Thursday and with that, my weight quickly dropped to 11 stone 3 pounds before settling down at 11 stone 5 pounds on the following Monday. That meant that I was now back inside my weight maintenance range and could now, switch back to 6:1. However, I did so by eating a slightly higher calorie intake on my feeding than what was the case before Christmas, and the reason for that was to ensure that my weight didn't drop as low as what it did just before Christmas.

Even with that though, I still lost nearly over two pounds over last week which meant that my weight at yesterday's weigh-in was now 11 stone 4 pounds and with yesterday's fast, my weight has now dropped to below 70kg once again to stand at 69.7kg which is exactly bang on 11 stone. That means that I am now fully back on track which shows that for me, even a large weight gain over a short period of time can be quickly overturned.

The strange thing for me though is that this is the first time in my life where I have gained a lot of weight in a very short period of time, without any need to wipe out all of that weight gain over time, and it is thanks to this WOL that this has been the case.
43 posts Page 1 of 3