The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

31 posts Page 2 of 3
Funny that you mention All i want for Christmas is my two front teeth Cally..as i was singing this yesterday when my friends front tooth went so wobbly she had to go and have it taken out...

I can't really think of anything i really want or need tho of course there are alwAys lots of things i would graciously receive!...such as new clothes...a makeover..etc etc!
But to be honest and don't want to put a downer on your topic but ..what wd really make me happy this Christmas is if my daughter got well..she has CFS and has missed out on all her twenties and now in her thirties..so sad for anyone to miss out on their youth..
That would be the best pressie ever if she suddenly woke up back in the best of good health! X
[quote CM

I can't really think of anything i really want or need tho of course there are alwAys lots of things i would graciously receive!...such as new clothes...a makeover..etc etc!
But to be honest and don't want to put a downer on your topic but ..what wd really make me happy this Christmas is if my daughter got well..she has CFS and has missed out on all her twenties and now in her thirties..so sad for anyone to miss out on their youth..
That would be the best pressie ever if she suddenly woke up back in the best of good health! X[/quote]
oH YES @CandiceMarie, I would heartily wish for a cure for all the diseases affecting some of the lovely members of this forum and hope for better health for you, your daughter and all those suffering and in pain. Good health is one of the greatest gifts of all that no money can buy and that so many of us take for granted.
Yes, Candice, I can relate. My lovely DIL has been suffering from "co-morbidities" including CFS on and off for 20+ years and is now unable to work. She's very brave--always putting on a cheerful face. It would be a wonderful present for her to be well.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that this year's crop of family movies won't be too bad as DD's gift is to take the family out to the movies on Christmas Day before retiring to DS's house for dinner and gift exchange. Tin-Tin wasn't so bad a few years ago; but a second round of the Hobbit would be excruciating! :wink:

At our age, as others have said, we already have everything we want, nevertheless find it quite delightful to open presents, whatever they are!
I'm with many others - I have what I need, and I've never had a lot of material wants, which drives my family crazy at my birthday and Christmas. As far as the clothes that don't fit, I have plenty of sweaters, which still fit as I'm a "pear", and pants really do have to be tried on. At least my pants do. Oh, sorry, trousers :smile: Oh, and the sweaters are jumpers, right? :smile:

Socks are nice. I put fancy wool socks in the kids stockings, it's become a tradition. Maybe I'll get some for me too..

We will have somewhere between 8 and 10 of us on Christmas morning. I'm exceedingly excited. We do a "secret Santa" exchange which we started a few years ago when the kids were grown. Everyone draws a name, and gets something small for their "secret" person, who, by the time the big day comes along, is often not all that secret! (psst- I have Mary - what do you think I should get her?) Other than that, we get each of our kids a present, Santa fills stockings, and that's it.
Me and my hubby haven't done presents for years. The main thing I want for Christmas is to hit my target weight and then maintain into the new year, after indulging in the extras that I'm going to allow myself this year.
We should have planned a forum Secret Santa!! :D

(as for what I want, I know I've got it as it was on the Amazon black Friday deals and hubs instructed me to buy it at that price! - a Withings Pulse).
I would like -

A portable Bluetooth speaker
Eat by Nigel Slater

but most of all I want my husband not to be grumpy over the festive season.
Forgot to mention....one of those mahoosive Toblerones.
Mmmmmm... a mahoosive Toblerone sounds good WM..nice to nibble... X
I'm a Chanel no. 5 girl but I LOVE their new Eu Premiere parfum. Its similar to the original but lighter if that makes sense. I bought it duty free in October and my daughter is hiding it from me till Christmas. Can't wait. 3 weeks today!
I was also wishing for the 3rd Bridget Jones novel by Helen Fielding as I found the first 2 so funny but my friend told me its a bit of a downer- anyone else read it? What do you think?
Xxx julianna
wildmissus wrote: I would like -

A portable Bluetooth speaker
Eat by Nigel Slater

but most of all I want my husband not to be grumpy over the festive season.

Definitely the last one!! :like:
I forgot about that, the perfume...... My "Loulou" bottle from Cacharel is nearly empty so..... I'll have to go and buy a new one myself :cool:

That with a big mahoosive milk Toblerone I will take a bite from and put it all over my old fashioned hot cocoa cup the day after Christmas :heart:
Dear Santa I have been a very good girl this year so please can I have
A pair of large diamond earrings
A large house in the country ( fully furnished of course)
A top of the range Mercedes
Something from Tiffanys
A pair of Jimmy Choos or such like, I really don't mind
A Liberty print scarf
An apartment in Sydney or Florence or Rome or New York
A 25m swimming pool (heated)
I hope this list is ok.

If the above are too big to fit down the chimney then a bag of chocolate covered toffee from Thorntons and five minutes by myself will do.

Thank you
Minsmum xxx
Hmmm! a hard one. There are a couple of books I want.
I would love the money for a tattoo.
A new fluffy dressing gown as the one I have is threadbare.
More coconut oil.
A 'tangle teaser' hairbrush as my favourite brush is wearing out.
And some tools for my shed. ( I really must get out there and make some 'stuff' as I am running out of wood shavings to use as cat litter.)
@Julieathome, recommend the tangle teaser, I use one straight after swimming and it's great at detangling the knots in your hair without scalping you! :bugeyes:
31 posts Page 2 of 3