The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
CRIMBLE QUIZ - ROUND 1 - 1930s
12 Nov 2013, 22:55

SEE QUESTIONS BELOW!

Please PM me with your answers by 9pm GMT on Sunday night.

Press 'PM' under my avatar and then write your answers in sequence below the 'quote' that will appear at the start off the draft PM. If you don't know the answer to a question, just write 'PASS' and move to the next question. (Thanks to Caro for working this out :like: )

Answers and scores will be posted on Sunday night.
For those who haven't already registered, I'm afraid that registrations for the First 5:2 Crimble Quiz is NOW CLOSED! (Sorry! Try again next year ! :wink:)

I have 26 NAMES down in my little black book - and you better all PLAY FAIR or I have borrowed a WET FISH to CLOUT you AROUND THE LUGS!!!!!

PS - if you think these are easy - don't worry, they get harder :razz:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!

:clover: :clover: :lol: :clover: :clover: :bugeyes: :clover: :clover: :cool: :clover: :clover:
A black American won 4 Gold medals at the Berlin Olympics in 1936 – who was he?

The Spanish Civil War lasted from 1936 to 1939, when the Nationalist Party finally came to power. Who was their leader?

Edward VIII abdicated in 1936, so he could marry a divorcee. Who was she?

Name the British Prime Minister who signed the Munich Agreement in 1938.

Which Disney film was the first feature length cartoon, took 3 years to make at a cost of more than $1 million and won an honorary Oscar in 1939?

Which film won Best Picture in 1939, and who directed it? (2 points)

Which film won Best Original Score in 1939?

In 1930, which building became the world’s tallest?

In 1936, 200 unemployed shipbuilders marched 300 miles to London in protest against unemployment and extreme poverty – where did they start their march?

Herbert Hoover was voted out of office in the US in 1932. Who was the new President?
2 posts Page 1 of 1