The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Today, I had my annual checkup at the doctor's, which I passed with flying colours. I mentioned that I had been experimenting with coming off my blood pressure tablets and then, going back on them The results before I came off those tablets showed a slightly high systolic blood pressure. Coming off the tablets for a week though, made very little difference and towards the end of that period, I was getting some horrendously high values for the systolic BP in particular.

When I went back onto those tablets yesterday morning though, I then had a massive and sudden drop in my blood pressure. Even my doctor couldn't really understand what was going on there, but she did think that the readings before I came off the BP tablets, weren't really high enough to cause any real concern. With the results now being much better though, the doctor has asked me to just keep the way that I'm going with those tablets and that I can always make another appointment if there are any further such problems.

Of course, the only downside is the fact that I'm still stuck on those stupid tablets. The doctor took a further BP reading which came out high, but decided just to go with my own results after I had explained that this was probably just due to white coat syndrome. My weight was taken, which showed me to be 75kg, but that was with me being fully clothed with my shoes on (which isn't normally the case when I'm weighing myself at home). That is therefore, not a reading that I can really go by especially as it wasn't even taken at the exact same time and under the exact same circumstances as where I would normally weigh myself.

I had a blood sample taken, but it will be a while before I know the results of these tests as the blood sample still has to be sent to a laboratory for those tests to be carried out. If something isn't right (which will be the case if my cholesterol is too high for example), I will then get a letter through the post, asking me to see a nurse or doctor about that. On the other hand, I won't anything at all if the the results are fine.

I will generally only want to know if the results are fine or not so if I don't hear anything more on that issue, I will be happy because I know that I will passed those tests with a clean bill of health. Anyway, I then went to the gym afterwards, and this was the first time that I had done a full gym workout on an empty stomach.

However, my overall performance was still every bit as good as what it would normally be on a good day, and was where better than the very poor performance of a week ago, which came after I had eaten something beforehand. This shows that the body can keep energy in reserve, and that it is not to crucial after all, to eat something before a gym session in order to build up my strength for that.

I did however, break that fast when I came home from the gym. However, I didn't manage to get home until just before 1pm and so, it ended up being a 17 hour fast instead of a 16 hour fast. I must say though, that I haven't felt all that hungry this morning and so, I could easily have turned today into another fasting day if I had wanted to do so. However, that would have meant that both of my fasting days for this week would have been used up with still more than half of the week to go.

Because of that, I am now into the feeding part of the 16/8 day, which is no different from a normal feeding day. Since I am going to be closing that feeding window at 7pm tonight (which will then begin that 24 hour fast going into tomorrow, and which actually makes today more like a 17/6 day), you would think that I would be tempted to cram as many calories into that period as possible.

However, that is not turning out to be the case and I don't really feel like over-indulging. Because of that, I have even been able to have nothing more than the usual lunch (albeit with reduced carbs) that I would normally have on any other feeding day.
That's good news John - pleased to hear it :like:
2 posts Page 1 of 1