The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

118 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
Hello everyone!

As I was strolling in the park today, I was thinking maybe a monthly chat string would be tidier on the forum than a weekly one. I think some of us are so busy we don't get to check in every week. Although personally, the thought of a day without the 5:2 forum is worse that a fast day surrounded by buffets and bakeries. So, it's almost October, right?

With the holidays coming up, comes a lot more temptations...more reason to get in more steps. Let's hit it everyone, go,go, go, go!
Great idea Golinda. Thank you.

Well I probably should be sleeping now as I've been up a lot if the night with my poorly daughter. She is sleeping right now and I just checked my fitbit. I was awake 22 times in the night! That must be an all time record. I'm going to try and get back to sleep now, but as usual thought I would use my free time to check on here.

Not sure if I'll be able to reach my targets today but wishing everyone else good luck :)
I GOT MY FITBIT!!! I am just loving it. I procrastinated for ages, trying to decide between the Flex and the One, and in the end I've gone with the Flex. Think I may lose a bit in accuracy, but having it just hang out on my wrist is fabulous, and I've lost too many clip on pedometers to feel comfortable with a One.

I've got my goal set as 12,000 steps a day to start with. Managed it fine Saturday and Sunday, and 10,600 already today by mid arvo (and have a game of indoor soccer this eve so should easily reach goal).

Looking forward to hanging out with all you FitBitters here :)
Welcome Katamac, take it you are Kat on the fitbit group. Good luck and happy fitbitting.
I've just joined the group also (Debbie B). Thanks Umleila for the invite. Looking forward to more activity. So far I've managed a bit over 5000 today and yesterday - so will need to work at it for sure! :clover:
Hi
Have now had my fitbit flex for a couple of weeks and this is week 1 normal activity. Have been surprised at the number of steps I manage in a day (but will be verifying this) and staggered at my inactivity at weekends. Not sure if it's getting a bit obsessive but does anybody log their calories and is there an easy way of logging your food when you know the brand etc. thanks for any help.
Madmois wrote: Hi
Have now had my fitbit flex for a couple of weeks and this is week 1 normal activity. Have been surprised at the number of steps I manage in a day (but will be verifying this) and staggered at my inactivity at weekends. Not sure if it's getting a bit obsessive but does anybody log their calories and is there an easy way of logging your food when you know the brand etc. thanks for any help.

Several of us use My fitness Pal (an app)to log food, it also logs activity. MFP and Fitbit sync with each other, give it a go. It is good with branded foods', and you can add your own recipies. It also has a bar code reader, so that you get the correct food. And yes I became a lot more active at weekends due to my fitbit. In fact I now exercise every day, over and above my normal daily steps.
Hi Mad - I use MFP (myfitnesspal) to log the food and there is an option to sync up with your Fitbit. Works well for me.

BTW I am "Michann" on the Fitbit community.

My goal in Oct is to be more *consistently* active. As opposed to the very active / very sedentary combo I have been following! It's lovely Fall here in NYC and I should be able to manage some walks.

Have a great October all!
Thanks for that, I've got MFP just don't use it much but will start. Love all the stats the fitbit gives you.
Hi everyone,

haven't been around for a while - been doing the steps but not wearing my fitbit DOH.

I puppy walk for the police and have recently found out that the puppy I'm walking has hip dysplasia so they dont want him :cry:

After a lot of crying and soul searching we have decided to keep him. Although the police say they can rehome him, its one thing losing him when he goes off to do his training, but we can't let him go to another home who may not love him like we do, and get rid of him after 6 months or so because they cant cope with his dodgy hips. We've had him since he was 8 weeks old and although we wouldn't have gone out and bought a german shepherd puppy 10 months ago, he is still our dog and we love him dearly.

Anyway, fitbit ON, calories COUNTED and BACK ON TRACK!!

Debbie xx
Dietingdebbie wrote: I puppy walk for the police and have recently found out that the puppy I'm walking has hip dysplasia so they dont want him :cry:

After a lot of crying and soul searching we have decided to keep him. Although the police say they can rehome him, its one thing losing him when he goes off to do his training, but we can't let him go to another home who may not love him like we do, and get rid of him after 6 months or so because they cant cope with his dodgy hips. We've had him since he was 8 weeks old and although we wouldn't have gone out and bought a german shepherd puppy 10 months ago, he is still our dog and we love him dearly.

Awww, great story. Stressful start, but everyone wins in the end. Lucky pup!
What a lovely story Debbie. Your puppy is very lucky to have found you.

All quiet here at the mo. My daughter is still not fully recovered so I've not been stepping as much. I had hoped to get a few good sessions in to stand me in good stead before we go away to Thailand next week. I've decided I won't be fasting while we are away so am trying to get as many fast days as I can in before we go, so I'm doing more 4:3 this week and did last week too.

Madmois I sometimes have a peek on mfp and the fitbit calorie logs to have an idea of what I am eating, but I rarely do it for a whole day. I probably should though.
Fitfunk, it is lovely to see that you live nearby. I'm in Westchester.
Debbie great story. I hope you'll enjoy the puppy :smile:
Umleila I hope your daughter will recover soon
I've been doing lots of steps as you can all see and it seems that I don't need to fast much anymore to maintain my weight. Last week reduced to one day but still lost weight. This week did one day of 700 cals and I think even this is too much. Will try a day of 1000 cals next week
Thanks Einatlb. She's all better now thankfully :) i am hoping to follow in your footsteps soon with the 1000 a day fasts, but first I need to see how things are when I get back from holiday. Ive done 4:3 this last week and lost over a pound, and I will be doing the same until Wednesday when we go away.

Is anyone having trouble syncing since thoe new ios7 update? Mine seems very erratic now, but maybe that's because not only am I a compulsive stepper, I'm a compulsive syncer :oops:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
118 posts Page 1 of 8