The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

14 posts Page 1 of 1
A new Norwegian study looks at 5000 people of all ages:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/3 ... ref=health

I just guessed at my resting heart rate and tried the calculator with several different values for some of the categories. Looks like I'm at the fitness level of people from 42 to 53! (I'm actually 72, but have been regularly doing aerobics and weight training for 20 years) Hope I'm not just kidding myself, here. :smile:
Thanks @Marybeth. You have made my day. My vo2max is estimated at 40 and my fitness age 34 :victory: :victory: :victory: Actual age - 51 next week. :like:

Blimey, given I felt 108 at the start of the year. Crossfit works, who knew?
I got 46 for both VO2Max and age - and the VO2 figure compares well with other online calculators which use 12 minute run distance as the parameter. Quite impressive for such a simple tool. Actual age 63 next month, feel older most of the time!
V02Max is 40 and fitness age 28, I'm actually 34, so I guess that works out that I'm about my age.
VO2Max = 30 :like: , fitness age = 60 :shock: . I'm 46, so I guess of you take the average of the two results then it comes out at 45, so not too bad after all :wink: .
whooowoo!
My VOMAX calculated at 34 and my fitness age 52 and I'm 65! :grin: :like:
VO2max 31 and fitness age 61. I'm 55. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
rawkaren wrote: Thanks @Marybeth. You have made my day. My vo2max is estimated at 40 and my fitness age 34 :victory: :victory: :victory: Actual age - 51 next week. :like:

How brill! And another scorp eh! What date is yr bday? Mine is the 9th x
Thanks, Marybeth!

VO2max and fitness age both 46 - and I'm 76! I've been saying for a while now that I feel as fit as a 40-year-old, so I wasn't far off! :)

However, I'm absolutely certain I wouldn't have had this result 20 months ago, when I was 22lbs heavier than I am now.

I see this as being a useful aid in that it gives people something to aim for.
CandiceMarie wrote:
rawkaren wrote: Thanks @Marybeth. You have made my day. My vo2max is estimated at 40 and my fitness age 34 :victory: :victory: :victory: Actual age - 51 next week. :like:

How brill! And another scorp eh! What date is yr bday? Mine is the 9th x

Next Friday 8th. I will be 51 :shock: :shock: . Can't believe my "gap" year is over. You?..
Oh Karen you are in between my daughter and me! She is the 7th ,i am the 9 th!
Think that makes us Scorpio cousins at least! :0) X
I will be 64. DD will be 33!
Would LOVE to be 51 again, you are a mere slip of a girl x!
Thanks Marybeth.
37 and 42 for me. I'll be 59 in the New Year. Only just started exercising in the last two weeks after not doing anything much since July - so I'm glad this wasn't posted any sooner!
CandiceMarie wrote: Oh Karen you are in between my daughter and me! She is the 7th ,i am the 9 th!
Think that makes us Scorpio cousins at least! :0) X
I will be 64. DD will be 33!
Would LOVE to be 51 again, you are a mere slip of a girl x!

64. :grin: I have mates at 64 in better shape than me.
Oh And my little sister is 43 on the same day as me too :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are in good company :like:
14 posts Page 1 of 1