The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 60 of 111
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 111 Next
Erm, 69.3kgs but I did move the scales to a different room so this may be a load of piffle and therefore I am delaying celebrations until it settles, a few days. I admit to leaving them in their new position as it seemed so serendipitous!
Thelovelysqueaky wrote: Well done Juliana.Rivers - this is a great thread.
I don't suppose that I will get anywhere near the Christmas target myself, but I will keep plodding on...
It does make me realise how many of us folks there are currently doing 5:2 (or variations of) and that is a motivation in itself.
Now I'm off to make some mince pies (for guests of course!)

Thanks TheLovelysqueaky for the words of encouragement. i like this thread too. my personal favourite. nearly 90k lost in the tent so reckon we can squeeze someone else in !

Hey did someone (you) mention mince pies. you make mince pies! wow yum. i have only bought them in the past 2 decades and one day (when i retire i think) i will make them from scratch. i made Stollen (German christmas cake) once and my OH makes a mean Irish Christmas pudding with all the trimmings and including a bottle of Guinness!
Thanks @rawkaren and @WendyJane for encouraging @MaryAnn to stay in the tent

Im thought about it for the last 2 hours Maryanne (this club thing is really in my head I think) .. but just have a plan to plateau to Dec 25.. that is to not gain any more than you are today. and then start fresh say Jan 5 after Christmas and New year celebrations.

Thats a "good goal" even if youd prefer to be your target weight by Christmas. we want you smiling and dancing and being happy about great things to come in 2014.

So.. can you stay.. pllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeee
spanner wrote: Had a bit of a plateau last week so didn't check in but back on track and another 0.6kg gone! :victory:
Was unsure if I could make my Christmas goal but feeling very optimistic now! :smile:

Good luck all :clover:

Optimism is a great thing to have. Congratulations on your achievement

Personally im a half glass full person. I always see the positive in everything even if there is disaster around the corner. Only way to be.
PennyForthem wrote: Hello and welcome @briedog this is a wonderful forum and everyone is very supportive.

#3 reporting in...

So, 4lbs in 5 weeks...you CAN do it Penny!! Oh yes you can!

OH YES YOU CAN PENNY!
Number 80 reporting in.....61.4k today! Will I make it to 60k by Christmas? The tracker says yes I will! Oh heck!
Checking in..
Lost another pound this week..
Total Crimbo Tent Loss so far ,as below
Thanks Juliana x
Good luck to everyone x
Member #124 checking in after my second fast with a loss of 200grams. I'll take it since, according to my scales, I've lost 400 grams of fat and gained 200 grams of muscle. Plus my Pilates instructor asked me last night what my secret was, since I was looking good.

So, yes, a small loss but I'll take it!
#26 here. I haven't visited the tent for a while because my weight was just bouncing up and down and not really moving down. However, this morning there was a new low on the scales: 70.6 . This is 100gm less than my previous lowest weight. I would doubt that I would see 69.99999 before Xmas, but I just got closer.
Reading back to what I missed, just read Maryanne's bit about dropping out of the tent. No! @maryanne -As you say yourself, you have a healthy BMI so stop agonising about weight loss! Enjoy your running! Just stay and celebrate with us fatties as we oh so slowly catch up with you. I am the expert on plateaux! If you are meant to lose more weight you will. Gambatte!
Like Sallyo, I have not visited the tent in a while as well. Last week I just stalled and this week I have been slightly up.

I read all your posts with interest and thanks to the great words of encouragement from everybody, I am determined to stick with it, even if I don't make my goal by Christmas, I will just move the posts.

It's my sons wedding in three weeks and I need to be the best Maggie I can be - physically as well as mentally as I also struggle with some family issues.

Juliana, you have such wonderful words of wisdom to so many on here especially to the lovely Maryann - thank you for your support.

cheers Maggie.
Sallyo wrote: #26 here. I haven't visited the tent for a while because my weight was just bouncing up and down and not really moving down. However, this morning there was a new low on the scales: 70.6 . This is 100gm less than my previous lowest weight. I would doubt that I would see 69.99999 before Xmas, but I just got closer.

what great news Sallyo.. new lows are fantastic. i live for them.

not sure if you should doubt the 69.999 im ranging between 70.2 and 71.2 for last 10 days but know ill see it once at least in next 5 weeks, as you can.

my trend weight says 71.0 but i think for purpose of my Christmas goal ill use Low Weight recording... well i did say i want to see 69.999 i didnt say it had to be my trend weight. :smirk: i started the club so i can make me rules.. lol (kidding but its a nice thought anyway)
Maggiee wrote: Like Sallyo, I have not visited the tent in a while as well. Last week I just stalled and this week I have been slightly up.

I read all your posts with interest and thanks to the great words of encouragement from everybody, I am determined to stick with it, even if I don't make my goal by Christmas, I will just move the posts.

It's my sons wedding in three weeks and I need to be the best Maggie I can be - physically as well as mentally as I also struggle with some family issues.

Juliana, you have such wonderful words of wisdom to so many on here especially to the lovely Maryann - thank you for your support.

cheers Maggie.

Thanks Maggie.. maybe i should change careers to be a personal motivator.. lol.. stranger things can happen
Auriga wrote: Number 80 reporting in.....61.4k today! Will I make it to 60k by Christmas? The tracker says yes I will! Oh heck!

whoohoo

how much weight have you lost thus far since joining the club.. just need it so i can add your loss to Post number 1.. if you add to siggie, that would be awesome.

same for anyone else .. i think ive only added 1/3 of peoples total weight loss on post one often cause its not evident. i may be able to backtrack to original posts but that sounds like hard work. i change my siggie a bit so it wasnt as long . i realisee with all my reply posts i was taking up too much screen space plus i bolded the important bits of weigh loss thus far and weight loss to go
CandiceMarie wrote: Checking in..
Lost another pound this week..
Total Crimbo Tent Loss so far ,as below
Thanks Juliana x
Good luck to everyone x

Well done. love your signature style
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 60 of 111