The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

47 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Vegetarian or vegan?
19 Jan 2014, 23:46
Hi Everyone,

Bron here in Australia - I've been a vegan for 25 years and have been on the 5 2 way of eating for two weeks. Good to see some vegans here! I've bought Dr. Moseley's book and while it's useful, not that great for vegans.

My main reason for eating this way is to try and lose 10 kg which have crept on over the years, and for my overall health. I'm intending to do a lot more juicing and smoothies from now on. I also am trying to eat more raw.

So far after 4 fasting days I've lost .7 kg and while that's ok, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not more, given that Moseley says most people should lose about .4 kg per fast day on average. I did make a huge mistake the other day in smoothie because I added maca, raw cacao and lsa to a smoothie on a fast day, lots of calories which I hadn't realised!

So my question is - what do you all eat on a typical fast day? I'm really interested to read others' actual meal plans....from breakfast through to dinner. Do you drink rice milk with your coffee/tea? I can't drink too much soy milk as I have an intolerance, and don't like almond milk in tea or coffee. Rice milk is high GI, so not ideal for fasting days.

Thanks for any ideas.

Bron
Re: Vegetarian or vegan?
23 Jan 2014, 14:50
I'm vegan too! Have been doing 5:2 for 15 weeks with no problems.

Just wanted to give kudos to the low calorie cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz http://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Reduction-Filling-Low-Fat-Recipes/dp/1600940498

It's totally vegan, every recipe has a calorie count, and everything I've cooked from here has been really delicious. The salads are especally great because the portions come out massive.
47 posts Page 4 of 4