The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

39 posts Page 1 of 3
Hi All

Please join our monthly weigh in on Saturday April 6th, our second official weigh in day. If you hate Saturday as the weigh in day, you can post results from Friday/Sunday if you prefer.

As not everyone weighs and as waist measurement is a better indicator of fat loss, we will declare either or both weight and waist.

So, I'll start a thread for the weigh in on Friday evening (5th April) and will lock it on Monday morning. While it is active please post your weigh in details. Please include: current weight and/or waist and how that has changed since last month (if you have info on your March 2nd weight/waist). Also your starting stats and target stats if you like and any other comment.

Secondly, I really want to try to find out why some of us are losing plenty of weight while others are struggling. I would like to send out a questionnaire to those people who have registered significantly above or below average weight losses. If you would be willing to participate in the research, please can you add this to your weigh in post? The questionnaire will cover gender, calorie counting, start weight, height, time on diet, fast day diet, fast day meal arrangements, feed day diet, previous dieting history, medical history, activities (kinds and intensity of exercise), TDEE if known, and anything else we can think of that might affect weightloss.

From this we hope to be able to form some ideas that we could then test out in a bigger/better designed study.

The more participants the more likely we are to be able to get some meaningful results!
Not necessarily!
I will have been on the plan for 3 weeks at the next weigh-in. Can I still join in?
I assume that this is for those who have been on the 5:2 for at least a month, correct?
And since we're on the subject, is there a specific part of the forums where we post our progress or do we just go out and about announcing our (hopefully good) news?
Well, there's the progress report board! Or some people are using the blog feature (or both). Its up to you, but we love to hear about progress so please post away!

As the weightloss in the first month tends to be so variable I would prefer to confine the research to those who have been on the WOL for around a month or more.
In that case, I'll see you on May 6th. Although I'm not so sure I want to weigh meself on that day. It will be Easter Monday for me...
I weigh on a Thur, if you look at my graph, you can see the Sat weigh last month where I was a kilo heavier. It had magically gone again by the following Thursday, very weird!
@TML13: Err, May 6th is a Thursday?! Weigh day in May will be Saturday May 8th ;-)
May 6th is a Monday! May 5th is Orthodox Easter Sunday.
I'd love to weigh meself on Saturday May 4th, LOL! Not only it will be after my fast day, it will also be after Lent where I eat less and drink no alcohol anyway!!!
just an idea. but it might be nice to find out the average loss of body mass fat. I lost 2lb of weight but 3.5lb of body mass fat. which i think is more important than weight as some people forget muscle weighs more than fat.
Yes, that's a question on the questionnaire but not all of us have body fat analysers on our scales so I hadn't added it to the monthly weigh in, but please do give that info if you have it.
Hi can you please tell me what TDEE stands for??
Thanks.
my local boots chemist has a weigh machine that will do body fat weight and bmi for 70p.
I use this about 1 per month i threw my scales away as I become obsessed about weighing otherwise.
39 posts Page 1 of 3