The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! I'm a reporter for a major Australian women's health magazine who is working on a feature about the 5:2 diet. We want to include a mini diary of a woman who is trying the diet for the first time...ideally we'd follow her over the course of 2-3 weeks and hear how her fast and feast days go, what she learns, what her challenges are, how her health improves, etc...

If you're just getting started -- or even better, haven't started yet and are about to -- and would be interested in writing up a little diary for us, please send me an email! I'm at christine.richmond@pacificmags.com.au. I have some 5:2 cookbooks and resources that I'd be happy to send in the mail to you, too. :)

Thanks so much, and best wishes to you all!

Kind regards,
Christine
I'll sticky this post for you Christine as I'm sure we all agree the more positive coverage 5:2 gets, the better!
Hi there I am in Sydney and have been doing 5:2 for a while, but I have been sharing a lot with people at work and a lovely young woman was in my office asking me all about it the other day, she is about to start. I will ask her if you haven't already got someone? Regards, Elayne
I have posted it on my Facebook page - see if there's any interest
Thanks everyone for the terrific responses! I've signed someone up so should be all set for this story, but I'll post again if I'm looking for any additional quotes. The story will be running in the July issue of Women's Health (Australia) if you're keen to check it out -- it goes on sale June 17th. :)

Best of luck with the 5:2 programme, and thanks again for your responses!

Kind regards,
Christine
Glad to hear you've found a suitable candidate Christine :)

I don't suppose there's any way a copy of the mag could be posted to me in the UK? I'd love to see it (especially if the site gets a mention as discussed :D )
Yes, of course, I'd be happy to! What's the best address to send it to? Thanks again for your help!
Wow, thanks :D I'll PM you my postal address. Much obliged!
crichmond wrote: The story will be running in the July issue of Women's Health (Australia) if you're keen to check it out -- it goes on sale June 17th. :)

Best of luck with the 5:2 programme, and thanks again for your responses!

Kind regards,
Christine

Bump up
@Julianna posted in another thread that this article/magazine is due to be released. If anybody finds a web link to the article could you post it please?
10 posts Page 1 of 1