The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

35 posts Page 1 of 3
So, from the location, location, location thread I've determined there could be enough of us for a meet in Worcestershire. Early May was suggested.

Can you post dates you are available and suggestions for a lunch venue here.

I presume a weekend would be best! I could do 4/5th or 11/12th. Could try somewhere like Webbs Garden Centre or a nice pub...not too far from the M5 maybe for those who have to travel a way. Or somewhere with another attraction like a craft centre or similar so as to make a day out. Ideas please!
Hi Caroline, I'll be flying down to Worcestershire (Birmingham airport) on 3rd and returning on the 7th May, that's bank holiday weekend. I'll find out what my friend has got organized and come back to you. Julia.
I am in Staffordshire (Burton on Trent) but Worcestershire is an easy drive so sounds like a plan.

Only problem is I will be in Turkey 7th to 14th May but could do the bank holiday weekend prior to that.

It would be great to meet up!
Hi all, just spoken to my friend and I'm afraid she's got lots planned but ... she is planning a bit of retail therapy on the bank holiday Monday, 6th May, in Worcester and suggested a late lunch.....apparently there is a lovely pub called The Swan at Whittington just off J5 of the M5. Anyone fancy it?
That's J7 actually :-)

Yes, it's nice, good food, but v popular so we might have to book a table if we want to eat/get there a bit early before the rush for chairs in the bar etc!
Sorry, yes J7, can't read my own writing! I'm certainly up for it.
I live in Worcester itself and would be very interested in meeting up. I don't drive but would use public transport so anywhere within a reasonable distance from Worcester would be fine.
I can't do the 4/5th but could make 11th/12th. Would be nice to meet up with others.
Not sure you ladies would want a geezer hanging around on your shopping day but if you're in the Worcs neighbourhood (I'm near Pershore) and you fancy coming along to one of my new bands gigs please make yourself known (I'm the drummer).

http://thelazysundaysband.co.uk/

This is a new band, hot off the press so not many gigs listed yet with more being added very soon.

Maybe see one or two of you around :wink:
Are we still on for meeting up on 6th May? Who's still up for it?
Oh I'd love this!
I'm still coming down next weekend and available to meet up on the bank holiday monday 6th May. Meet at The Swan about 2:30pm? I'm not from the area so if it needs booked could someone do that? I will be with my friend. How will we know who each other is?

This sounds like how I met my husband - on a blind date. We met at The Meeting Point at Waverley Station in Edinburgh and I was wearing an orange t-shirt. That was 23 years ago! Ah, memories.

Please don't arrange things around me if it doesn't suit. If another time suits better and I'm not around then go for it.
Sorry, but my daughter will be up that weekend,(and we have booked a last minute holiday in France the following week)!
Hi all - is it this Monday that you are meeting up? I'm currently in Worcestershire for a wedding so could potentially join you!
35 posts Page 1 of 3