The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Sex: male
Started 5:2 on 14th Aug 2012
Height: 5'8"
Weight: starting 12st 8lb, current 10st 6lb
BMI: starting 26.8, current 22.5 (recommended 18.5 -24.9)
Waist: starting very tight 34", current very loose 32" (recommended: half your height)
Fasting blood glucose: starting 4.8, current 4.5(recommended 3.9 - 5.8 mmol/l)
Total cholesterol: starting 5.5 has been as high as 5.7, current 4.7 (recommended less than 4.0 - 5.0 mmol/l)
LDL cholesterol: starting 3, current 2.76 (recommended- less than 2.0 - 3.0 mmol/l)
HDL cholesterol: starting 0.9, current 1.03 (recommended 1.2 mmol/L or more)
Total cholesterol to HDL ratio: starting 5.3 has been as high as 5.7, current 4.7 (recommended 4.5 or less)
IGF1: don't know (normal range 11.3 - 30.1)
Blood pressure: starting 148/90, current 135/85 (recommended below 135/85)
Percentage of body weight as fat Starting 27, current 18 (recommended, varies depending where you look)

The BP and blood test results were carried out when I was 6 weeks into this diet. The weight and body fat are up to date. As I have high BP and take medication I have a BP and blood test every 6 months, I have my results from as far back as 2007. The next test is due in about 2 months ish.

I am actively trying to not lose any more weight, I did drop to 10st 3lbs and have had to make a conscious effort to eat more on none fast days as I don’t want to be too thin.

Regards Steve.
:)
sounds great Steve, plenty to inspire us all.
Wow! Those blood results are quite dramatic considering they were not long into the diet. So many into recommended levels. Will be interesting to see what the next set show.

Do you ever feel light headed after/during a fast? I was wondering if my blood pressure might be dropping...
Thanks for the support, I am hoping this diet will allow me to stop taking the BP medication.

I did get used to get a feeling of light headedness of fast days, sometimes up to lunch the next day, but I have not felt like that for several weeks now. I did have one episode when I was working at home laying a timber floor on a fast day. I had worked all morning and it was nearing lunch time, I picked up one end of my sofa to move it and came over very faint. I did not pass out, but I did have to drop to my knees and wait a while for the colour to return to the world. :!:
Wow, those blood results are inspiring! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!
5 posts Page 1 of 1