The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Here is my version of a Hairy Dieter's recipe Smoked Haddock Pots.I'm not a great fan of smoked hoaddock so I tried it with smoked salmon instead. I think the calories are correct, but you may want to check. It serves 2, and I worked it out as 226 cals per portion:

200g spinach leaves (25 cals)
100g smoked salmon (179 cals)
100g leek, finely chopped (28 cals)
1 tsp cornflour (10 cals - I think)
2 eggs (150 cals)
75g Bridelight very low fat creme fraiche (60 cals)

Cook spinach in a tbsp of water until wilted (about 3 minutes) Squeeze out as much water as possible. Transfer to a bowl, and add the chopped salmon, creme fraiche, leeks, cornflour, and lots of ground black pepper. Put into oven proof greased ramekins/ serving dishes. Cover each with lightly greased foil.
Bake at 220°C for 15 minutes until bubbling. Take dishes out, stir well, and then make a dip in the centre. Break an egg into the centre of each. Recover and bake for about 8 minutes until egg white is cooked but the yolk is still runny. Take dishes out, let them stand for 2 minutes then serve. With bread if you have the calories.

I'm going to have this with a big green salad as well, and a banana for dessert.
Wow ace receipe!! going to try this one :-)
I hope you enjoy it. I definitely like this as a fasting meal.
3 posts Page 1 of 1