The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Ko Lee Low fat noodles
12 Mar 2013, 14:51
Does anyone else eat these? I ordered a large quantity off Amazon and they're not bad tasting (I have the curry flavour ones). According to the packet they are only 79 calories which is amazing if true... Just wondered if anyone has had them and still lost weight? I'm a bit sceptical about the accuracy of their nutrional info...
Re: Ko Lee Low fat noodles
12 Mar 2013, 22:33
Usually with these dried noodles you have to read the packaging carefully - the calories stated are most often for a cooked weight of noodles. Eg if the pack is 100g dry, it will probably be 300g when cooked - and the calories stated are probably for 100g of cooked noodles - about a third of a pack in this example.

If they really are so few for the whole pack be sure to let us know as those of us who don't like zero noodles might enjoy these instead!
13 Mar 2013, 15:45
It says per 100g 89 cals and per 85g serving 75.65 cals. Each packet weights 85g net so I assume it to mean there would be 75.65 calories in one packet. It's weird how they have put a decimal point in the calories too? Presumably the info must be accurate?
13 Mar 2013, 15:53
I would guess that a serving indicates cooked weight of food as this seems to be the way most noodles display the calories, and I'm not sure how these noodles can be so low cal when most packs are over 300 cals! I would love to get in touch with the manufacturer to confirm if the cals are per pack or per 85g cooked. If it's really per pack I've got to try these!
13 Mar 2013, 15:58
I've emailed them for clarification - hope they reply!
14 Mar 2013, 08:04
I emailed them too a week or so ago and heard nothing... Maybe you will have more luck. Fingers crossed.
19 Mar 2013, 14:19
No response yet :(
Will check if there was a phone number on the site and give them a ring if so!
19 Mar 2013, 14:34
I sent another email to sales and customer enquiries and nothing... Yes calling them might be better, but I'm not confident we will get a straight answer! I am holding off the noodles for the time being...
19 Mar 2013, 14:42
Hi Moogie, I've just had a look and the number is 020 8385 3700. Would you mind calling as I am in Spain, so it would save me the expense? Thanks.
19 Mar 2013, 15:05
I hope this is true, I love noodles! :)
19 Mar 2013, 15:31
I'll try to give them a call tomorrow, got a lot of work on this afternoon and I expect the call might take a while to make sure I get a clear answer!
25 Mar 2013, 15:26
Just following up on this, as I didn't get around to calling them until today - sorry! I got passed around on the phone and no-one was able to answer the enquiry, however they gave me a direct email address to a person who should be able to find out for us.

I did note that I had emailed previously with no response, so they are aware a response would be appreciated! I've also explained that the product would be very helpful to we 5:2ers who are in need of filling, low calorie foods for our diet days :)

Will let you know if/when I get a response!
25 Mar 2013, 16:00
Hi I just had a look on the tesco website and it shows 89 cals per 100g as served serving total 245 cals, this was for a roast chicken noodle pot, not sure bout the packets.
25 Mar 2013, 17:12
I think the noodle pots are higher cal than the low fat packets, but I don't expect it's a great difference, I'm sure the calories on the packets refer to a cooked serving weight and not the whole pack. Will be interesting to see what Ko-Lee come back with!
25 Mar 2013, 18:43
:cry: oh my god, i am such an idiot, i have been using noodles every fast, and have now realised i have been counting the calories wrong, which means i have been way over my 500cals each fast. i could cry.....Thanks for bringing it to my attention
25 posts Page 1 of 2