The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Hair Loss?
08 Mar 2013, 08:03
Have any other ladies noticed their hair thinning. Mine has always been fine and it did get thinner during the menopause but it does seem to have been getting even thinner over the last six months. I'm 64 so perhaps it is just something that would have been happening anyway.

Can any of you give me any help or advice? :?:
Re: Hair Loss?
08 Mar 2013, 08:14
Interesting...I think I am getting less hair caught in the plug hole when I shower!!
08 Mar 2013, 08:25
I haven't really noticed more hair in the sink or on my brush, just less on my head :-)
16 Mar 2013, 18:19
Cut my hair differently and it all looks better even though I did it myself. Thinning either disguised or not as bad as I had feared but probably still only delaying things. Wish hairdressers would actually do what you ask but unless the style is extremely straight and sculptured, it is amazing what you can achieve yourself.
:smile:
16 Mar 2013, 19:02
Hi, i am a newbie, I started the 5:2 about two weeks ago and have just done my third fast, finding it fairly easy so far, my hair has been thinning for about two years but have to confess I do dye it every couple of months! I don't know wether that makes it worse! Anyway what I wanted to say was are you under any sort of stress? I was my mums carer for four to five years until I lost her last April and the last stress of the last year, because she was so ill, made my hair fall out quite badly. It is very slowly getting a bit thicker, I'm taking a vit b supp which helps with hair loss if stress is the cause. I am 59 nearly 60! So I'm also wondering if its an age thing! Toni x
18 Mar 2013, 16:35
Pretty sure it is an age thing but it did seem to get a bit thinner when i started this diet, ore perhaps I was just looking at myself more closely. Seems to have settled down for the moment.
:smile:
06 Apr 2013, 19:57
I just noticed while washing my hair today that my hair was NOT coming out...... like every single diet I have been on. My age and a thyroid issue has always made hair loss a problem. Very excited about this. Seriously this WOE is the best. I love it. ;-)
06 Apr 2013, 20:18
Mine is falling out good style! It got thin when I started with FMS but while I was eating low carb and more protein the loss had slowed right down. This last three weeks I've noticed there's loads in my comb and in the plughole again. Had wondered if it was the change of diet.
06 Apr 2013, 20:19
Hi Nora,
I think it's an age thing. I'm 59 in a week or so and I've noticed for about the last year, that my hair has got much thinner.
Hopefully with eating more nutritious food these days, it will help. I don't think it's anything to do with 5:2 though, just one more lovely side effect of the ageing process!!
06 Apr 2013, 20:23
I got serious hair loss when on weight watchers having lost 3 and a half stone! I was only 35!
06 Apr 2013, 20:34
Nora, have you had your thyroid checked? That is often a cause of hair loss ( and the outer bit of your eyebrow).
06 Apr 2013, 20:36
I have had in the past some hair lose after I was ill and stress can cause it too,also it is an ageing thing I think
06 Apr 2013, 22:12
Hi - being anaemic or zinc deficient can make hair fall out... Try strawberries (and separately) spinach to refresh... or something similar... It could just be age but it could be vitamin and mineral deficiency...
06 Apr 2013, 23:03
Stress could be a cause. 5 years ago I lost my dad after a very short illness. I was 39 and my hair seemed to fall out every time I brushed it. The only other time I've noticed hair loss was after having my children but had put that down to hormones. Hope it isn't a side effect of this. X
06 Apr 2013, 23:47
I'm 64 and my hair has been getting finer for the last few years, although not falling out more. My hairdresser told me that this is quite natural and is part of the ageing process. He also told me that there tends to be more hair loss in the spring, rather like dogs, cats etc shedding their winter coats! I have known him for thirty five years and I don't think that he is lying!
18 posts Page 1 of 2