The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have hit an 8 week in plateau :frown: was happily losing 1lb per week, not doing anything different and now have come to a halt.

I naturally ate very little when I was young and was stick thin. I could easily go without breakfast and lunch every day (have just been conditioned to eat at those times) do you think it would be safe to fast 2 days a week with a 500 calorie dinner and then just eat dinner the other 5 days but not restrict calories or am I talking rubbish? :bugeyes:
Thanks
so you're proposing a ~1500 calorie dinner only on each of the 5 days, and a 500 cal dinner on the 2 days ?
Sounds like a plan to me, in fact it sounds like a mixture of 5:2 and 16/8 which I have done with success. Whatever you do, keep going, it will start again, promise. Sometimes when I hit a plateau I had a huge blow out and it seemed to kick start my system again, or perhaps it shocked it, either way, it seemed to do the trick. :grin:

Good luck, :clover:

Ballerina x :heart:
Thank you Phil. I don't know, I wasn't going to count.

Thank you Ballerina, I was thinking of your regime when I came up with this idea. I will most definitely not give up, I love the fast days. Thanks for your support, will let you know how it goes x
Wendy, unless you could eat your TDEE in one dinner (I can but people call me pig, LOL) then you would probably undereating and that doesn't help much with 5:2.
On the other hand, if you think that it might help you, give it a go for a week and see where it takes you but I wouldn't do it for more than a couple of weeks unless your dinners are biiiiig!
5 posts Page 1 of 1