The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 1 of 6
Good evening all,
I've been doing 5:2 since September with a fair bit of success.
I've found forums and threads to be really useful for motivation and ideas swaps.
Unfortunately I got evicted from my last forum at the weekend.
Luckily one of the stalwarts from there told me I should come and join the fun on here.

Fasted today : tub of chicken and lemon grass soup plus extra vegetables for supper.
Pancakes tomorrow!
Hi talkinpeace and welcome to the forum.

We are a pretty friendly bunch and no arguments so far!

I bet your old forum did not have a progress tracker like ours, hey? Do please add your data as more longer term info is much needed!
Welcome to the forum, tip! You'll soon feel at home, here!

Have you checked out the Progress Tracker, yet? It's pretty impressive!

And the smileys are pretty good, too, don't you think? 8-)

Meant to say, check out the flour and water pancakes tomorrow - saves a lot of hassle!

Fasted myself today - 510 calories all told. Those 90 spare calories are burning a hole in my pocket! :roll:
Hello Talk in Peace.. good to see you here. I've also been doing 5:2 for a while. im looking forward to joining you all here
where are the smilies B&W? I want to know if there are any pombears..
If you hit 'Post reply' instead of 'Quick reply', the smileys appear on the right.

No 'pombears' though - wasn't that hilarious????? :lol: :roll: :lol:

If you do hit 'Quick reply', you need to go to 'Full editor' to get the smileys.
Hi have logged on here before but this is my first post. I have been doing 5 2 since October. have read some really interesting threads on here, didn't feel knowledge enough to post but up for some chat if that's ok :) :D
:mrgreen: like this one felt like that after looking at the weight watchers recipes ? Take a look TIP its hilarious and perfect for 5:2 .. you wont want to eat anything ..

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
Wow! Laska!

I wanted to stop looking at them - but couldn't tear myself away!

Mackerel jelly!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now I know what you mean!

Giraffes - by all means, chat away!

Cheers, B&W
excuse me why do I have 60+ by my age? i'm no spring chicken , but. :x :? :?:
Urgh they all look revolting it's made me feel :mrgreen:

Did they really eat this stuff :shock:
The 60 is an optional icon to put by your post. You may have clicked on it by accident. Some of the older members requested a way of identifying posts relevant to their age group. You should be able to edit it away. Or I can do it for you.
I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, mostly reading the "nerd" topics and enjoying the helpful way this forum is organized. Nice place! Seeing a few familiar faces from elsewhere, I figured it was time to join in.

I started IF for the health benefits - don't need to lose weight (by various measures I'm underweight - well, someone has to be at the lower end of the range). I'm now into the fourth month of doing a full fast (no calories) of at least 32 hours once a week and adding some calories on the other days. On fast days I get miserably cold and experience extreme hunger around the 21-hour mark, but otherwise it's going well and it's getting easier. The main thing is that my energy level is steadier and I feel much better in every way - physically, mentally, psychologically. At some point I may experiment with a different routine - perhaps the eat-stop-eat regimen - but for now I'm sticking with my version of 6:1.
Hi, I have been doing the fast diet since September and lost 20 lb on it. Happy to be here!
Good to see you tip. I don't post very often here but I do lurk.
78 posts Page 1 of 6