The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 3 of 6
OK snit over.. sorry . should have introduced ourselves perhaps . I'm Laska , have been doing this since August.. have lost 22lbs ., over 4 ins from my waist and have gone from BMI 26.3 to 22.6 .. this is a way of life for me now.. . (you can also see me on DR Mosleys website as a case study site as Jackie J ).
No worries Laska. Glad to have you aboard!

As you did not have a high starting BMI, was it hard to lose the weight or fairly easy? Did you get plateaus or was it steady?

The experiences of those who have been doing it for a while are so useful for the new starters.

Hope to see you around...
Have to say the weight came of steadily 2/3 lbs a week for a while ..was a revelation from being 'stuck' on weight watchers for a good year or so ( I weighed 13st 10 at my highest and go down to the 11s before 5:2 but it took several years on WW so extremely slow) when I started 5:2 (the week after the programme aired ) I was well into the overweight BMI (11st 8 and 5ft6)..

But I seem to be at a plateau again now as nothing lost since Christmas despite fasting twice a week ) , but at 10st that's fine.. A little vain part of me would like to get to 9:10 but that's just so I could say i've lost 4 stone overall .. I dont think id look any different.. but i've gone back to 4:3 now and started shred (only this week) because i've decided I am vain!! :D
Wow Laska, hope I can do as well as you. I was 'stuck' on Slimming World during 2011. Started at 14st7 (aargh) and lost 1st7 reasonably steadily but then spent 9 months battling to get a further 1 st off - which still left me 1 st overweight (and five quid a week out of pocket)! Needless to say, I got totally cheesed off, packed in the classes and put a stone back on again during 2012. Started 5:2 in January and feeling quite optimistic...
I lost 3 st on SW & then put 4 back on. That's when I gave up dieting...
SW is good for pointing you in the right direction of what food choices you should make (like I didn't know) but doesn't help much with portion control. 5:2 seems to stop me from eating when I'm not really hungry - which is what I need.
the trouble with all of the product / meeting based approaches is that they have a vested interest in you failing ....
they do not make money out of people like me who go for 9 weeks, suss it and never go back (or put all of the weight back on)
Good point TIP!
Well, I shall blame the Bread and Wine - hot him, but the actual foods.
I put on 2 lb this week at my weekly weigh in which is in no way connected to the half bottle of pink fizzy and hunks of baguette for supper last night rather than a healthy fasting soup.
Lol at breadandwine being to blame. Am sure you will have it off in no time
am currently in a staring match with the other site - they blinked first yesterday ....

am looking forward to fasting tomorrow
ooh what did they say TIP ? i've been away for the weekend , ate loads and haven't fasted today as had job interview ( which I didn't get ,Bah) so drowning sorrows and eating crumpets instead.. back in the saddle tomorrow
fasted today - and dug lots of the veg beds.
sorry about the job thingy ....
I'll email you about the other place :-)
but if I'd got the job I would have had to see the koan everyday !!
ye gods is that thing still there - does it work yet?
78 posts Page 3 of 6