The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
How much do you weigh?
22 Apr 2013, 11:46
This is maybe a bit stupid, but something I was thinking about and was curiouos to know what other may think.
If you ask yourself, or someone asks you "How much do you weigh?" what would be your answer?
I try to explain myself.
Since starting this diet, due to the fasting, my weight goes up and down all the time and even if it is steadlily going down, I find it difficult to pinpoint my exact weight. I dont't think 75.3kg I saw few days back is correct, neither is 77kg which I had yesterday. So with all this roller coasting going on what would be the right weight to consider? The one you have at the end of a cycle eg. end of a full diet week? or month?
I know it is not of vital importance, but just something to think about on a boring Monday morning.
Re: How much do you weigh?
22 Apr 2013, 11:50
Oooh, this sounds like a statistical question, with means and medians and other such technical terms!
Have you looked at the Libra app that some of the folk are using where you weigh everyday and a graph get's plotted showing a trend- downwards most of the time?
Too technical and faffy for Jane but I'm sure very interesting and encouraging for many many others.
It's in kencc's post here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1718&p=28892&hilit=Libra+app#p28892
Would that help with your ponderings?
22 Apr 2013, 11:53
if you see 77 as a high and 75 as a low you could say you were 76 ?

With your BMI you could say "not quite overweight" ;-)
22 Apr 2013, 11:59
I do use Libra, but not really understood how to read it. I do like the line going down, but we get this on the progress tracker anyway (btw I like the way it looks now. It looks smoother).
@PhilT: like the "not quite overweight" definition.
22 Apr 2013, 13:33
Is there an iphone app that is similar to Libra that anyone can reccomend please?
22 Apr 2013, 13:44
I use True weight for iPad or iPhone, free with adverts or £1 something without.
22 Apr 2013, 13:51
For years and years I have never told anyone my weight, apart from my GP and I don't see much of him as I'm fairly healthy. However, since shedding 3.5 stone I'm OK with divulging what I weigh if someone asks, with the add on that I'm 5:2ing for life :smile:
Although I weigh myself daily I only record it once a week and it's that recorded weight that I consider myself to be and that I'd reveal to GP and others that may need to know
22 Apr 2013, 14:01
My answer:Mind your own business!!!
22 Apr 2013, 16:03
I just weigh myself once a week and take that as my weight. Then on the first Sunday of each month I'm going to measure my waistline too - hopefully with good results!
22 Apr 2013, 17:23
I weigh myself every Friday morning and use that as my weight. I also record my fat levels at the same time
22 Apr 2013, 17:34
I was also wondering this, but have just decided to weigh myself every Saturday morning and then record my weight once a month. I have noticed that since being on this diet I have started to weigh myself less. I soon worked out that fast days I am actually heavier. The days after fasting my weight completely dips but on a Saturday (2 days after a fast) I can get a more accurate result.
30 Apr 2013, 06:34
As a habitual daily weigher, I am SO pleased with whoever suggested TrueWeight to me (and although I have searched, I can't find it) - THANK YOU!

I use True Weight on my iPhone, and because I think I'm probably a bit pedantic, I also use "Weight Monitor" app on my Mac. Both show graphs of the daily plotting - up and down zigzags, but also show the line of a rolling average taken over a 10 day period. It's so helpful, and also shows me I'm on track even when the scales are showing a temporary gain.

:)
30 Apr 2013, 06:57
As a secret daily (or more) weigher I have started to use true weight this week, so thank you from me too to whoever posted about it. Ginty?
This week my weight has had a 3lb variation but I am sticking with my 'official' weigh in day one which is today and luckily the lowest of the week!
13 posts Page 1 of 1